Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Until Again


By: Lou Aroncia
Genre: Fiction
Stars: 4 out of 5

The prequel novella to Blue, we find Chris Astor on his last weekend living with his estranged wife and daughter before he moves out. The divorce is something he didn’t expect and definitely did not want. He struggles this last weekend with hiding his feelings but wanting to tell his ten-year-old daughter about the divorce. Juxtaposed this is the world Chris and his daughter Becky created when she was younger and sick. Tamarisk is struggling with diplomatic events against their neighboring kingdom, and Miea, the Tamarisk princess is frightened for her parents. Both Chris’ and Miea’s worlds come crashing down on them and they are powerless to stop what is coming next. 
My boyfriend recommended and lent me this novella to read because he really enjoyed this prequel and the novel so he thought I would enjoy this as well. I must admit it wasn’t half bad; we usually don’t read the same things so I was surprised. It was a sad story about how a person’s life can change in only an instant. The theme was great and the language was okay. I’m still not sure if I have a desire to read the novel though – maybe in a little while. But I would recommend reading this novella first before moving on to Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment