Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Switched


By: Amanda Hocking
Genre: Teen Paranormal Romance
Stars: 4 out of 5

Wendy Everly was six-years-old when her mother took a butcher knife and tried to kill her. Now eleven years later, Wendy senses strange happenings around her and is attacked by these two beings. Finn Holmes, a dark and mysterious guy from her school, saves Wendy and takes her to her true home – the world of the trolls. Upon arrival, Wendy learns that her “mother” was right; she really isn’t her daughter. She is instead a troll who was switched at birth to live and grow with the Everly’s so she may inherit their riches. And it doesn’t stop there. Wendy is also a princess, the heir to her troll world. But Wendy wants nothing to do with this world, and with another troll tribe after her, will Wendy be able to return to the family she grew up with?
I first heard about this book awhile ago when it was only available in e-book format and only $0.99. I bought it because a couple of people I knew were talking about it and it sounded like something I might like too. It indeed was something I liked. You have to look past the editing and the formatting of the e-book – I know it’s hard for some people but if I can do it, you can too – and only then will you find a great story. I love the teen paranormal romance genre and this one doesn’t disappoint. It’s a different mystical creature that Amanda Hocking creates a world with and that is trolls. The troll concept is interesting to me and I liked reading this representation of trolls. The plot is unique and great with our main character being switched at birth then forced into the world she now must rule over. The romance is there with the tension between two star-crossed lovers. If you love the teen paranormal romance genre, you will definitely like this book. Now that it has become so popular, it is being released in paperback format and the price of the e-books went up. So now instead of paying $2.99 for the second installment I must man up and pay $8.99. Oh well. The price you pay for finding a great series. J

No comments:

Post a Comment