Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I Am Number Four



By: Pittacus Lore
Genre: Teen Fantasy & Adventure
Stars: 4 out of 5

John Smith looks exactly like us and blends into our society; but he is not human. He is Lorien and he is one of nine that came to Earth to escape those who are hunting them. If the enemies find them, they kill them one by one. Numbers One, Two and Three are dead. John is Number Four and he is being hunted. Running, he decides to live in the shadows of Paradise, Ohio. Blending in, John begins to make friends and starts to enjoy his time in this new place. But they found him. Now John must learn to fight and use his superpowers to save his life.


I did it again with this book as I did with It’s Kind of a Funny Story. I watched the movie before I read the book. I absolutely loved the movie too. It was so action-packed and the plot and characters were fantastic. After the movie, I went and picked up the book. I read a little bit of it but I just couldn’t get into the book as I did the movie. So I set it aside like I do with books from time to time. I picked it back up when the second book in the series came out; I had to finish the first one before I could move on to the second one. When I picked Pittacus Lore’s book up off the shelf again I wasn’t disappointed. The movie was no longer fresh in my mind so I could picture my own characters and action-packed scenes. I really liked the fantasy and adventure with interesting races that Lore creates. A simple literary read, it was fun to grow attached to the Lorien race and I wish I could have super natural abilities just like John. Mostly written for the adventurous teen, I believe adults who don’t mind a simple but enjoyable read, will also like this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment